Union Smart believes that when passive RFID is applied to low-cost items such as consumables or long-life equipment, it can avoid the inconvenience of label battery replacement. At the same time, the BLE feature provides real-time information on mobile assets and personal locations without the need to deploy further reader infrastructure. It is reported that Union Smart is headquartered in Pingshan,Shenzhen, and providing solutions for the Construction, Industrial, Logistics and Healthcare markets.
For current customers, Union Smart has established solutions for asset tracking and process optimization. For example, according to the reading information of the RFID tag, the user can know when the patient is in the clinic and the visit time of the doctor in the medical industry. The system also enables intelligent management and use of the operating room by tracking the preparation and cleaning time of the operating room. With the BLE solution of Union Smart , the hospital has the ability to “recognize the start and completion of surgery to improve operating room management.”
At present, Union Smart is providing hardware solutions for patient、employee、 asset and laboratory specimen management for a number of large healthcare organizations in China. The solution is jointly provided by software partners who can cooperate with software (can be located in the cloud or users office space)、beacon and Bluetooth gateway. The system tracks when the patient is undergoing surgery and when the patient's blood sample leaves the operating room and enters the laboratory, as well as tracking the blood sample carrier's information.
Union Smart mainly provides hardware and software and beacons that include BLE technology to track goods moving around the facility in real time. With the beacon solution of the software-integrated software vendor, life care facilities and nursing homes can view the location of a particular asset or patient as they move around the facility, provided that the asset or patient has a beacon.
These beacons are equipped with an accelerometer that detects the fall and has an emergency button built in. When the user needs emergency help, they can press the button to send a signal. A help request can be forwarded to an authorized party (such as a nurse) in the area where the beacon is located, and the approximate location of the patient or staff who need help can be provided.
Beacons can be used throughout the entire process and scope of medical operations. For example: 1. Personalization – Beacons have the ability to customize health content based on the patient's or healthcare provider's phone history and current health information. This personalization enables a one-to-one conversation that is highly relevant and at the right time. For example, use beacons to send personal information, encouraging people to choose healthier choices when moving around the day.
2. Electronic Health Record – iBeacon technology allows patients and doctors to receive relevant information at the appropriate time based on geographic location. For example, when the patient is waiting outside the doctor's room, the latest medical record can be sent directly to his/her mobile phone for discussion with the doctor.
In another example, a beacon installed near a patient's bed can automatically notify the doctor or other relevant hospital staff of the patient's particular medical history directly through their mobile phone when they visit the patient.
3. Indoor Navigation System – Given the development of large integrated healthcare facilities and specialty hospitals, beacons can greatly assist you with indoor maps and navigation. This can also help reduce the cost of installing signage, steering wheel and physicalmaps.
4. Integration with wearable technology – Wearable technology (wrist straps, glasses, and even jewelry) is a descendant of mobile technology, often synchronized with the device. The huge growth potential of this category in the healthcare sector cannot be ignored. Applications connected to wearables can be used with iBeacon technology to provide users with a high degree of context and hyper-local content.
5. Simplify hospital operations – Beacons can help automate the internal operations of hospitals. When they arrive at the designated work area of the hospital, they can notify the hospital staff of their daily duties and other emergency duties through the mobile phone. When they are in a specific area or near a device, they can also help hospital staff through their mobile phones. For example, beacons installed near nurse stations can inform them about their duties and provide them with information about accessing information on mobile devices, such as patient medication requirements, emergency duties, and the like. Another trigger that may prove to be of value to clinicians is the automatic entry of staff when they enter the hospital/department.
6. Enhanced Data and Analysis Capabilities – One of the biggest advantages of iBeacon technology is its ability to collect large amounts of data (including conditions, moods and preferences) associated with patients. This can be used along with physiological data and usage data to inform the user about the purchase and to give them a suggested prescription.
The hospital can also integrate a coupon solution in the app to provide discounts for patients and families in the hospital. According to the hospital, the app received positive feedback from its users. Nowadays, most healthcare participants only play a role in beacon deployment. Given the enormous potential of this technology, it is only a matter of time before beacons become part of the mainstream health care plan.
Union Smart provides hardware services for solutions in the growing healthcare and life care markets. With a number of national patented technologies, Union Smart is gradually becoming the benchmark and pioneer of this industry.